Newsletter August 2016
Academy Place Association Newsletter August 2016
Patricia and Charles Hayward, at 3 Bradley Court
Lynn Link and Jim Meyer at 2 Leftwich Court
Laura Devin at 8 Hosier Court
Marcia Sylvia at 12 Gwynn Court
UPDATES from the Board of Directors…….
– Thanks to all who attended and participated in the Annual Business Meeting and Lunch. If you did not get a copy of the handout or wish to have a copy, please contact the Property Manager, Bob Schmidt 615-415-3955.
– The New Directory for 2016-2017, in larger print as requested, is at the printers.
– Please make sure your car has the Academy Place resident sticker in the rear window. A sticker may be secured from the Property Manager.
– The Academy Place Pool will remain open through September, weather permitting.
– Councilman Bryant has been contacted by the Board regarding water flow issues from the adjacent property.
Academy Place Association Board of Directors
President: Jerry Stairs – 615-618-6965
Vice President: Bill Oldham – 615-444-4915
Secretary: Pat Stevens – 615-965-2313
Yolande Watson – 615-449-4117
Nina Sutton – 615-449- 2888
Property Manager -Bob Schmidt 615-415-3955
-Beginning with this newsletter, information from the Board of Directors will be included in each issue. Recent decisions at Board meetings, announcements/updates and events will be shared with the Academy Place Community.
-Earlier this month, all residents of the Academy Place received a letter in the mail from our Property Manager, Bob Schmidt. Due to this recent event, the Board of Directors would like to stress to residents that in order for needs to be addressed, our Property Manager must be contacted. Wayne Oliver provides the community with excellent service in a professional and timely manner. However, Wayne must receive a work order from Bob in order to complete work that needs to be done.
-The majority of the items on the list attached to Bob’s letter have been addressed. The remaining items on the list are under review by the Board of Directors. The Covenant, which governs Academy Place, states clearly that certain maintenance, repair and replacement, shall be made by the Association. (Article V, Section 13b). Therefore, it is our responsibility, as residents, for each of us to inform the Property Manager about items that need the attention of the Association. Bob may be reached by phone or email(firstname.lastname@example.org)
Recent Decisions of the Board of Directors:
– Replacement Pool or Gate Cards will cost the residents $10.00 each.
– Naturescape Lawn Care Service will lime and fertilize the Academy Place property.
-A City Trash Bin will be purchased for the Clubhouse.
– Newsletters will be published and delivered in August, November, March and June.